Restaurant/Cafe Manager (Full Time 38 hour shift)
Absolute Thai HORNSBY Pty Ltd
Absolute Thai Hornsby Pty Ltd
Restaurant/Cafe Manager (Full Time 38 hour shift)
Annual Base Salary: AU$60k to $70k plus super
Absolute Thai Hornsby has been established since 2013 providing authentic Thai food made the traditional way from receipts developed by highly experienced Chefs from Thailand.
Only the freshest ingredients are used and the meals are served with traditional warmth and hospitality environment. Over the years, we have remained true to our basic and traditional values continuing to deliver authentic and delicious Thai food. Our menu is continually refreshed and updated by consultant chefs from famous hotels in Thailand which we specially fly in for such purpose.
It is our goal that every customer gets the most memorable, pleasant and best dining experience at our restaurants in Hornsby.
Absolute Thai Hornsby Pty Ltd has two restaurants:
- Absolute Thai Westfield (Hornsby)
- Cozy Cups
Our company is in continue need of Restaurant Managers to meet our on-going need to provide the best service experience to our customers and diners.
- With formal education of at least Diploma level or any additional related formal qualification is an advantage;
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in a busy restaurant;
- Strong team leadership; best customer service and restaurant operation management;
Skills and attributes required:
- Extensive food and beverage (F&B) knowledge, with the ability to remember and recall ingredients and dishes to inform customers and wait for staff;
- Have relevant experience in a fast pace environment and must possess the necessary managerial and practical skills;
- Have a demonstrable ability to undertake the major accountabilities to a high standard and without direct supervision and assistance;
- Be proactive and can implement new and existing processes to facilitate the efficient management of the restaurant whilst ensuring that customer satisfaction is maintained;
- Be able to successfully and quickly identify the needs of customers and manage the demands of operating a busy and flourishing restaurant;
- Great attention to detail and with strong leadership, motivation, and people skills;
- Acute financial management skills;
- Must have critical thinking to know the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem;
- Good coordination with others, able to adapt and coordinate work with staff and other people;
- Good management of personnel resources such as motivating, developing, and directing staff as they work and ability to choose the best people for the job;
- Social perceptiveness, ability to understand why people react the way they do;
- Good command of communication skills;
- Must have strong time management;
The Restaurant Manager’s regular duties include:
- Regular consultation, discussion, and planning of menu items including food and beverages with the chefs/cooks such as customer needs and satisfaction with particular items and liaising with produce suppliers, updating menus regularly.
- Plan and organise special functions such as birthday events, corporate functions, anniversaries, special occasions, with a view towards further large-scale events upon expansion of business.
- Manage and arrange the purchase of foods, spices, ingredients, chemicals, and other necessary items for the efficient operation of the restaurant by calling suppliers, managing orders, settling invoices; price goods and menu items through regular review of market rates, and liaising with the director to ensure compliance with budgetary constraints.
- Maintain levels of stock through physical check of existing stock, keeping logs of stock numbers, and re-ordering stock if required.
- Maintain records of financial records by reviewing invoices issued by suppliers and forward them to accounts for payment.
- Ensure that dining facilities and equipment are clean, functional and comply with health regulations and OH&S by regularly checking tables, chairs, replacing them if required, training staff on the operation of equipment, and regularly liaise with electricians, plumbers, heater, gas, and ventilation providers to ensure the safe operation of the restaurant’s premises.
- Communicate with customers on a daily, face to face basis through feedback, serving customers, obtaining feedback about customer satisfaction on food and service quality and obtaining suggestions for improvement, and forwarding ideas to the director for development and action.
- Train and supervise staff with the proper handling of meals and beverages by following safety procedures.
- Train staff procedures for communicating with customers, regularly supervise staff and ensure that they provide efficient service to the customers.
- Make reservations, greet guests, contact customers to remind them of bookings, direct customers to their seats and take orders, and follow up in the preparation of their orders.
- Coordinate daily Front of the House and Back of the House restaurant operations and implement policies and protocols that will maintain future restaurant operations.
- Deliver superior service and maximize customer satisfaction by responding efficiently and accurately to customer complaints.
- Control operational costs and identify measures to cut waste and create detailed reports on weekly, monthly, and annual revenues and expenses.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and by managing the restaurant’s good image and suggest ways to improve it and restaurant events and recommend ways to reach a broader audience (e.g. discounts and social media ads)
Important: We give priority to Australian and Permanent Resident applicants.
If you meet our requirement, please send a resume and cover letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org. or sumbmit form