Absolute Thai HORNSBY Pty Ltd
Absolute Thai Hornsby has been established since 2013 providing authentic Thai food made the traditional way from
receipts developed by highly experienced Chefs from Thailand.
Only the freshest ingredients are used and the meals are served with traditional warmth and hospitality. Over the
years, we have remained true to our basic and traditional values continuing to deliver authentic and delicious Thai
food. Our menu is continually refreshed and updated by consultant chefs from famous hotels in Thailand which we
specially fly in for such purpose.
It is our goal that every customer gets the most memorable, pleasant and best dining experience of our value
patronage and that would urge them to visit us again or be our regular customers.
Absolute Thai Hornsby Pty Ltd has two restaurants:-
- Absolute Thai Westfield (Hornsby)
- Culture Cups
Our company is in continue need of Chefs to meet our on-going need to provide the best service experience to our
customers and diners.
Full time Chef
Annual Base Salary: AUD$60K – AUD$65K plus super
Skills and abilities:
- Adaptable and coordinate work with other people.
- Keep track of how well work is progressing and make changes or improvements.
- Good oral communication as you require to talk to your staff and others.
- Critical thinking – abilitty to think about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
- Able to motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, and choose the best people for the job.
- Good oral comprehension and expression.
- Ability to see or spot problems, find answers and solve problems logically.
- Build good working relationships and keep them over time.
- Able to have own ideas for developing, designing, or creating something new.
- Work and look professional.
- Punctual, organized and trustworthy.
- Ability to plan menu, select food, order and control stocks.
- Understand and able to enforce hygiene and safety procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate and advise cooking techniques.
- Experience in training and supervising staffs and trainees.
- Ability to implement staff roster and work in a team environment.
- Ability to adjust (work longer hours) and work under high pressure.
Qualification and Experience:
- must have at least Diploma in Hospitality Management;
- other additional relevant educational qualification is an advantage such as Certificate IV in Commercial Cookery;
- must have a minimum 3 years experience in a fast pace environment and must possess the necessary supervisory and practical skills;
The Chef is responsible for planning and organizing activities in the kitchen ensuring that the standard and quality of
the food prepration and the hygiene within the kitchen is maintained at the highest level at all times. The Chef
oversee the whole activities in the kitchen ensuring it runs smoothly. This role is very much hands-on, requiring
attention to detail, good management and leadership and a positive work attitude.
- Check freshness and temperature of food and ingredients.
- Create recipes and also determine how to present and garnish the food.
- Ensure the portion control, food cost and quality of meals.
- Monitor suppliers with appropriate accreditation who meet food and safety requirements.
- Inspect equipment, utensils and work areas for cleanliness and functionality.
- Oversee and supervise cooks and other food preparation staff to ensure all tasks are done as required.
- Train new kitchen staffs and implement staffs’ roster.
- Delegate tasks related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food to diners on time.
- Plan and develop menu items or any special request as well as provide the recipes in most dietary
requirements such as any allergies, vegetarian options.
- Place and order inventory of food and necessary kitchen tool to ensure efficient operations.
- Monitor proper hygiene storage methods to protect food loss.
- Observe and progress sanitation practices and ensure that kitchen safety standards are followed.
- Discussing food preparation issues with the manager, dietitians and all staff.
- Monitor fridge and freezer temperatures regularly.
- Make curry pastes and prepare the ingredients filling spring roll , money bag, curry puff
- Pre prepared the ingredients in place to reduce cooking time on the following :
- Sauce base such as Chili jam sauce, pad Thai sauce, Fried rice sauce, Stired fried sauce
- Curry base such as Green curry, Red curry, Massaman curry and etc.
- Wash, trim, cut, prepare and measure raw ingredients
- Inspect incoming food using correct procedures.
- Store foods in dry, cold and frozen storage using correct procedures.
- Handle customers’ feedback concern and suggestion.
- Follow cleaning schedule to demonstrate and maintain the premises in a clean and sanitary condition.
- Leading weekly meetings with restaurant manager and director on the following:
- Food cost and budget
- Training new kitchen staffs (In house)
- Reporting major achievements and issues of the month such as special menu, set menu on holidays and special occasion such as valentines’ day, mothers’ day , birthdays, anniversary and group or corporate
- Updating information through membership with Restaurant & Catering Australia
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)